Call us for Any Water Heater Repair Services in NJ
Best Price & Service! 201-399-2160
The majority of homes in New Jersey have conventional storage tank water heaters fueled by propane, electricity or natural gas. Water heater storage tanks typically hold between 20 to 80 gallons of hot water depending on the size of your home and your hot water needs. Tank water heaters are very popular because they are readily available and inexpensive compared to tankless water heaters.
Gas water heaters use a gas burner to heat the water in the tank. When the water in the tank falls below the temperature set on the thermostat the gas valve opens and heats the water to the chosen temperature.
Conventional gas water heaters are not as energy efficient as some of the more modern water heaters like natural gas water heaters, but are generally less expensive, simpler to install and are known to be very reliable.
Gas water heaters have many advantages:
- Re-heats water quickly providing your home with more continuous hot water.
- Gas water heaters usually need less space in your home as a smaller gas water heater can do the same job as a larger electric water heater.
- Generally less expensive and has greater purchasing options available.
- Gas is a very clean burning fuel and will not strain your electrical system.
- Does not use electrical power and so will continue to work if there is a power outage.
If you are thinking about replacing the existing water heater in your home, the first thing to do is check to see what type of hot water heater you currently have. If you live in New Jersey it is most likely to be a storage tank model, but check to see if it is a gas water heater or electric water heater. Check to see if your water heater is plugged into an electrical outlet or if there is a gas outlet connected to your water heater.
Some homes in New Jersey are not fitted for natural gas or don’t have a gas outlet next to the water heater. If you will need to add a gas line it will be expensive and probably not worth the cost to convert to a gas water heater so you are likely better off sticking with an electric water heater.
However, if you have a gas furnace or stove and you would just need to extend the gas line to provide a gas outlet next to your water heater it may be more economical in the long term to extend the gas line and switch to a gas water heater.
Our plumbing technicians are licensed and insured and have experience with all types of water heaters and gas piping in New Jersey. You can trust our Technicians to offer you an honest recommendation based on their knowledge and experience. Some of the gas water heater repairs and installations we do are:
- Gas water heater installations and repairs;
- Thermostat installation and repair;
- Ignition system installation and repair;
- Burner installation and repair;
- Gas shut off valve installation and repair;
- Anode rod installation and repair;
- Release valve installation and repair;
- Drain valve installation and repair;
- Water shut off valve installation and repair;
- Emergency water heater repair service 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
If your hot water heater is in need of repair or you want to update your water heater contact us for help. We provide hot water heater repair, replacement and installation services for all types of water heater models and brands serving all residential and commercial New Jersey customers. Our skilled plumbing technicians have the experience and ability to assist you with your water heater.
Call us anytime, day or night! If you need emergency hot water heater repair or gas piping repair, our technicians can be there immediately for emergency repairs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We carry most replacement parts for gas water heaters on our trucks so we can serve you well and make most repairs on the spot.