Heating is something that no one can really go without during the winter in Millburn NJ. With proper annual tune-ups and proper routine maintenance, a good furnace will usually rarely break down over most of its ten to fifteen year lifespan. However, it does happen from time to time, which is a major inconvenience when it’s freezing cold outside.
When you’re in need of fast emergency furnace repair in Millburn NJ, give us a call at Quest Plumbing for 24/7 service. We service Millburn and surrounding areas for Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Service. Going without heat for any length of time is unpleasant and uncomfortable, and if it’s cold enough, it can even become a serious health risk. Fortunately, there are steps that homeowners can take to minimize the chances of a catastrophic furnace breakdown requiring emergency furnace repair or worse emergency furnace replacement.
What’s Wrong With My Furnace?
Furnaces can stop working correctly for any of a number of reasons. These devices have internal parts that can break or wear out, requiring a furnace replacement if parts are not available from the heater’s manufacturer, like Trane, Carrier, or Air Temp. These are some of the most common issues that come up with household furnaces:
- Poor maintenance. Your furnace needs to be serviced by a local NJ heating company at least once a year. During your annual tune-up, an HVAC technician will carefully inspect it for potential problems, making sure that everything is working correctly for the coming winter. It’s a good idea to schedule your annual tune-ups ahead of time, preferably toward the end of the off-season before your furnace is subjected to heavy use.
- Clogged air filters. When too much dirt, dust, and other detritus accumulates on the air filters, it begins blocking airflow, causing your home to warm up less efficiently.
- General wear and tear. With heavy use during the wintertime, your furnace is subjected to daily wear and tear on its various internal parts. This can lead to a part giving out, causing the heater to stop working.
- Blower problems. If your blower is running continuously when it shouldn’t, it’s usually a problem with a limit switch. This issue requires a professional heating repair company.
- Weird noises. If your furnace is rattling, groaning, or squeaking, it’s not a good sign. Unusual sounds generally indicate a mechanical problem.
Preventing Furnace Breakdowns
Although furnace problems are sometimes inevitable, there are a few steps that Millburn homeowners can take to keep things running as smoothly as possible:
- Change your air filters regularly. This is one of the easiest furnace maintenance tasks, and only takes a few minutes of your time. Most HVAC systems use disposable filters, although some can be cleaned and reused.
- Schedule annual maintenance every year. Tune-ups can go a long way toward preventing your furnace from developing problems.
- Reduce drafts near your furnace. If you’re having an issue with your pilot light, reducing unwanted airflow can help.
Quite a few different things can go wrong with your furnace, and when you don’t know much about HVAC, it can be difficult or impossible to tell what’s wrong with it. If you’re having problems with your heating system, give us a call at 201-399-2160. At Quest Plumbing, our technicians are available 24/7 to help you keep your home comfortable all year long.
Find out more about our heating and furnace repair services:
Call us 24 hours for any Furnace Repair you may need and we ll be happy to help you
Welcome to Quest A NJ Heating Service Company Serving Bergen County Hudson County Essex County Passaic County and Union County
HVAC Contractor in NJ Serving Bergen County Hudson County Passaic County and Union County We provide quality affordable HVAC
We service all types of boilers from steam to hot water to gas and oil and have repaired many old boiler
nbsp Getting your boiler ready for winter in part of our rutting annual service to our clients Having