Keep Your Hot Water Heater Running Longer – It always happen when you not accept it, late night or weekend, your hot water heater will start acting up. Maybe it will stop producing hot water or start emitting a foul smell. No matter what the case, you can’t stay without hot water. Avoid late night stress by conducting consistent maintenance on your water heater.
• Gas water heaters need to be check periodically. The pilot light should be blue with a yellow tip. If it is yellow, this may mean you need a safety adjustment.
• While you are under your water heater check to make sure there is not an excessive soot buildup. The culprit could be a clogged flue, which could lead to carbon monoxide leaking into your home, with catastrophic consequences.
• Sediment buildup at the bottom of your tank can cause your heater to make loud noises or hindering performance. You can avoid this by draining the water from the tank once every three months or at lest twice a year.
• Check the anode rod, it is a device that attract corrosion and protect the inside of the water heater tank. If it flakes they rod need to be replace.
• Make sure to have your hot water heater inspected by a plumbing contractor at every two years. He or she can diagnose potential problems and enact easy, quick repairs, which will save you from emergency repairs and even new water heater. Call us any time 24 hour.