Best Water Heater repair service in Alpine NJ
1 Hour water heater service call now: 201-399-2160
Water heaters have a relatively long lifespan. Models with a holding tank usually last anywhere from ten to fifteen years, and tankless models can last up to twenty. However, the time will eventually come when you’ll need to start thinking about water heater replacement.
Old water heaters don’t run as efficiently as they did in the past, causing you to lose money from higher gas and electric bills.
They can also become dirty and rusty inside, contaminating your water.
Water Heater Repair or replacement in NJ
Although a new water heater can be a substantial investment for NJ homeowners, it’s often the most economical choice in the long run. If you need water heater repair frequently, and your heater just isn’t running as well as it used to, you might need to replace it soon.
There are a number of common problems that indicate that your water heater might be near the end of its life.
Whether your water heater is gas or electric, tankless or traditional, an aging appliance can often be more trouble than it’s worth.
Some signs that you may need to invest in water heater replacement include:
- A water heater that’s more than fifteen years old. With proper maintenance, a good heater can run for over a decade. However, if you’ve recently bought your home, you could have an old, worn-out water heater without even realizing it.
If it’s more than fifteen years old, or more than twenty if it’s tankless, there’s no way it’s as efficient and effective as it used to be.
- Water isn’t heating up effectively. If you’re struggling with lukewarm showers, an aging water heater could be the problem.
- Higher energy bills. If your electric bill or natural gas bill has gone up within the last few years, it could be your old water heater. As these appliances age, they lost a lot of their original efficiency, requiring more energy to actually heat up the water effectively. As a result, your utility bills will be higher than they used to be.
- A leaking hot water tank. Leakage is never a good sign. In most cases, water heaters leak because there’s something wrong with its internal components. Unfortunately, these problems are often difficult or impossible for even the best technicians to fix effectively. You should turn off the heater’s water supply and power supply, then call a professional NJ plumber
- Frequent water heater repairs. If your water heater has needed repairs more often than usual over the last two years or so, it’s probably time to replace it. Despite the initial expense, water heater replacement is often more economical than constant repairs.
If you’ve been dealing with any of these common problems, it’s probably time to replace your water heater with a newer, more efficient model, we regularly consult with local homeowners about water heater replacement in NJ, helping our clients decide on the best model for their household needs.
Call us today to find out more about replacing your aging water heater and enjoying long-term cost and energy savings. 201-399-2160
Find out more about water heater replacement and repair:
If you need to change your hot water heater you might need to consider a few things before
Expert Water Heater Repair in NJ Is your water heater leaking If you ve noticed water pooling around the
Is your water heater leaking If you ve noticed water pooling on the floor near your gas or electric