Gas water heaters are a great, energy efficient solution for providing your Essex Fells, New Jersey home with a continual supply of hot water for cleaning, bathing, and more. A well-made gas water heater from manufacturers like A.O. Smith, Lochinvar, and American Water Heaters usually doesn’t break down very often. However, like any appliance, water heaters are subjected to continuous mechanical wear and tear on their internal parts, and occasionally, most people need water heater repair. There are several common issues that can arise with gas water heaters, nearly all of which can be easily repaired by a qualified professional. If your water heater isn’t working, call us today at Quest Plumbing for gas water heater repair in Essex Fells.
Common Water Heater Problems
There are several common issues that lead Essex Fells homeowners to call a professional for gas water heater repair. Many of them can stem for one of several different causes, so it’s important for the problem to be diagnosed and fixed by a trained professional. Some common complaints include:
- Water isn’t heating at all. In many cases, this happens because the pilot light has gone out. Pilot lights are small flames that serve as an ignition source. Because natural gas leaks are a serious hazard, water heaters are designed not to deliver any gas through the valve if the pilot light isn’t on. However, other mechanical and internal problems with the water heater can also cause it to stop working.
- There isn’t enough hot water. If your water heater isn’t producing hot water fast enough, or in high enough volumes, there are several possible causes. In some cases, it’s a problem with the water heater’s thermostat, causing it to warm water to a temperature that’s too low to be comfortable. Clogged vents and flues are also a common reason for water heater repair due to insufficient hot water.
- The pilot won’t light. If the pilot light isn’t working, it’s often due to a problem with the gas valve or the thermocouple. Clogged vents can also cause the pilot light to go out.
- The main burner isn’t staying lit. Valve issues, thermocouples, and clogged vents can all cause the main burner on your water heater can case your burner to refuse to stay lit.
- Water is discolored. Anode rods inside of the water heater can begin to dissolve, causing the water to appear black or rusty in coloration.
Replacing Your Old Water Heater
Although most problems can be fixed with professional water heater repair, your gas water heater has a finite lifespan. After ten to fifteen years, it will need to be replaced. Aging water heaters break down far more often than new ones, leading to high repair costs. They’re also less efficient than newer models. Installing a new water heater can actually save you money on your gas bills, as well as eliminating the need for frequent repairs.
To find out more about water heater repair in Essex Fells, NJ, or to ask about installing a brand new gas water heater, call us today at Quest Plumbing, at 201-399-2160.
Get more information about our gas water heater repair services:
Expert Water Heater Repair in NJ Is your water heater leaking If you ve noticed water pooling around the
Is your water heater leaking If you ve noticed water pooling on the floor near your gas or electric
Best Water Heater repair service in Alpine NJ 1 Hour water heater service call now 201-399-2160 Water heaters