Days, Nights or Weekends, We’ll Show Up For Your NJ Emergency A/C Repair
Almost everyone in Tenafly NJ has central air conditioning in their home.
It’s basically the only reliable way to maintain a cool, comfortable temperature during the summer, when temperatures can get as high as ninety degrees Fahrenheit.
Most high quality A/C units can last for over a decade, and break down relatively rarely.
The key to making sure they function well is air conditioning maintenance.
Routine maintenance is essential for making sure that your unit is clean, that all parts are working correctly, and that your air conditioner doesn’t need to be replaced yet.
A few elements of air conditioning maintenance, like filter replacement, can be done by an average person.
However, it’s important to have an HVAC maintenance professional look at your air conditioner at least once a year for an annual tune-up.
To find out more, or schedule your annual tune-up, give us a call today at Quest Plumbing.
What Does A/C Maintenance in NJ Involve?
There are a number of things that need to be done in order to keep your air conditioner well maintained.
Most of these require the experience and expertise of a trained HVAC technician, who knows exactly what to look for to spot potential problems.
You should schedule preventive air conditioning maintenance in Tenafly NJ at least once a year, usually in the Spring when it starts getting warmer outside.
This ensure that your A/C is working efficiently when you need it most. Some of the components of air conditioning maintenance include:
- Changing or cleaning air filters. This is one of the few A/C maintenance tasks that can you can take care of on your own. Disposable fiberglass filters are the most common filter type for household air conditioning systems, although they’re not necessarily the most effective. This type of filter can sometimes let small particles through. Washable electrostatic filters, which are cleaned instead of replaced, are usually more effective at filtering out materials like pollen grains and mold spores. They’re also more environmentally friendly, since they can be reused.
- Checking coolant levels and pressure. Air conditioners use freon, a chemical coolant, in order to function propertly. Part of a professional tune-up involves making sure you have enough coolant in your unit.
- Cleaning components. Many parts of an air conditioner need to be professionally cleaned. This includes the evaporator coils, which function like radiators in a car, as well as the condenser and compressor.
- Checking fan belt tension.
- Inspecting hoses for leaks and cracks.
- Checking the condensate drainage. In an air conditioner, water condenses into liquid, and needs to be drained away. Cracks can cause a problem, leading to water leakage that can damage your A/C unit along with walls and flooring around it.
- Inspecting and tightening wiring and electrical components. An air conditioning professional will also check the wiring for you. Loose or shoddy wiring can not only cause your air conditioner to stop working correctly, it can also pose a serious fire hazard.
- Inspecting and lubricating the motor and fan blades.
FAST AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE IN NEW JERSEY
To find out more about routine air conditioning maintenance, or to schedule your annual tune-up, give us a call today at Quest Plumbing, at 201-399-2160.
Our friendly, highly trained and certified professionals are available to help you keep your A/C in top condition when you need it most.
Find out more about our air conditioning and HVAC services:
Welcome to Quest A NJ Air Condition Service Company Serving Bergen County Essex County Hudson County Union County and Passaic County New
HVAC Contractor in NJ Serving Bergen County Hudson County Passaic County and Union County We provide quality affordable HVAC
You can never quite know when your air conditioner will break down unexpectedly In some cases homeowners are
Everyone s air conditioner breaks down from time to time Even with proper routine maintenance internal parts can occasionally
When your air conditioning system is not cooling enough its a problem but when your air conditioning system is