Emergency Plumbing Service in New Jersey- 24-Hours a Day
If you have a plumbing leak, don’t wait: call us today at Quest Plumbing for 24/7 emergency plumbing repair in Franklin Lakes NJ and Bergen County NJ.
Water leaks are one of the worst kinds of plumbing emergencies, and a very common NJ plumbing emergency.
Whether the leak is underneath your sink or hidden in your walls, the flooding that results can cause hundreds or even thousands of dollars of damage to your walls, flooring, and furniture.
Water leaks are one of those things that just can’t wait.
However, even if you don’t have a huge flood in your bathroom or kitchen, there could still be a leak.
When a pipe that’s hidden in the walls springs a small leak, the signs can be subtle.
However, over time, it can still cause potentially devastating water damage.
Common Signs of a Leaky Pipe in NJ
There are a number of telltale signs that usually indicate a leaking pipe, often concealed inside of your walls and not readily apparent to the naked eye.
Eventually, the pipe can crack, allowing water to leak out into your walls.
It can be hard to tell whether you need to call a plumbing repair service about a leak, but some of the most common red flags include:
- Unusually high water bills. If your water bills have gone up, despite the fact that you’re not using any more water than usual, it’s often a sign that you have a leak somewhere.
- Suspicious mold and mildew growth. Molds and mildews are fungi that thrive in places with plenty of moisture. Their spores are floating around in the air all the time, but they can only begin to grow if they find a suitable habitat. Plumbing leaks release the moisture that these fungi need to survive. If there’s a spot where mold just keeps popping up, no matter how much you clean and scrub it, it could be the site of a water leak.
- Spots of discoloration on your wall or ceiling. Water leakage tends to create dull, discolored spots on the wall or ceiling near the location of the leaky pipe.
- Damaged flooring. Floors that are buckling, cracking, or discolored for no reason are often a sign of a leak in a pipe beneath the floor.
- A sagging ceiling. When a leaky pipe is positioned over the ceiling, the water will build up and cause areas of the ceiling to start sagging downward.
- Paint or wallpaper damage. Along with discoloring your walls, leaking water can also erode paint and wallpaper, causing them to peel away.
- An unexplained musty smell. Standing water and moisture from a plumbing leak provide a great habitat for many types of bacteria and microorganisms, as well as molds and mildews. This gives standing water that distinctive musty smell.
- Faint dripping sounds. In some cases, you might be able to hear a very faint dripping sound when it’s quiet. This can sometimes help the repair technician locate the source of the leak.
Call us For Emergency Leak Detection and Leak Repair in NJ
If you’re having any of these issues in your home, you probably have a leak in a hidden pipe.
The water damage can get expensive over time, so it’s a good idea not to wait too long for repairs.
Give us a call at Quest Plumbing, at 201-399-2160. Our NJ plumbers are available 24/7 for fast, effective plumbing repair for homeowners in Franklin Lakes NJ or anywhere in Bergen County NJ.
Find out more about our plumbing leak repair services:
If you re noticing wet spots in certain areas of your home it s probably not a good sign chances
Looking for a local leak detection and pipe leak repair service in New Jersey Call us today at
Plumbing leaks can remain hidden for weeks or months while they slowly damage your walls flooring and ceiling You
Leak repairs need to be done as quickly as possible in order not only to prevent a loss
Unlike water leaks that you can see visually and get access to easily underground water leaks such as
Dealing with an unexpected water leak Stop worrying and start calling At Quest Plumbing we re available 24 hours